Dedicated to the Contemplative and Mystical wisdom at the core of all traditions, including Judaism, Christianity, Sufism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism, and to the core of our own mystical Heart within.
Exploring how Silence and the Contemplative Way infuse into our ordinary everyday active lives, how Awareness manifests itself, and how we can respond to the call to rest into the divinity within.

Wednesday 31 December 2014

Karl Rahner - Light The Candles

Light The Candles

 
And now God says to us what he has already said to the world as a whole through his grace-filled birth:

"I am there. I am with you. I am your life.
I am the gloom of your daily routine. Why will you not bear it? I weep your tears - pour out yours to me, my child.
I am your joy. Do not be afraid to be happy, for ever since I wept, joy is the standard of living that is really more suitable than the anxiety and grief of those who think they have no hope.
I am the blind alleys of all your paths, for when you no longer know how to go any farther, then you have reached me, foolish child, though you are not aware of it.
I am in your anxiety, for I have shared it by suffering it. And in doing so, I wasn't even heroic according to the wisdom of the world.
I am in the prison of your finiteness, for my love has made me your prisoner.
When the totals of your plans and of your life's experiences do not balance out evenly, I am the unsolved remainder. And I know that this remainder, which makes you so frantic, is in reality my love, that you do not understand.
I am present in your needs. I have suffered them and they are now transformed but not obliterated from my heart....
This reality - incomprehensible wonder of my almighty love - I have sheltered safely in the cold stable of your world. I am there. I no longer go away from this world, even if you do not see me now.... I am there.

It is Christmas. Light the candles. They have more right to exist than all the darkness. It is Christmas. Christmas that lasts forever."

Karl Rahner
 
 




"Wishing you a New Year filled with surprises. Poverty or riches, good health or sickness, joys and sorrows, let us receive all with faith, hope and love, mindfully aware it is all God's gift to us."
 
St. Mary's Cistercian Abbey, Glencairn.
 

Image courtesy of Christmasstockimages.com